Santa came!! Leah was the first one to wake up Christmas morning; I heard her door open at 4:40 am. I didn't want to miss her reaction when she saw the loot Santa brought so I tiptoed downstairs and made it to the kitchen where she was standing. I wondered why she was just standing there instead of going into the family room to look at the presents. When she saw me she said she was so tempted to look, but she wanted to wait for the whole family. I told her it was ok to just look as long as I could be there to see her face. When she saw that Santa brought her a DS, she could hardly contain the screams!! She ran to where I was sitting, attacked me, and almost broke her toe in the process! She was ecstatic {feeling or expressing overwhelming happiness or joyful excitement}. After she played with her DS a little while, I went back upstairs to get another hour or so of rest.
Bill heard me come back to bed and wanted to know all about Leah's reaction. We were wide awake by then so Bill thought we should wake Payton and Audrey and get Christmas morning started. I thought it'd be better to let Audrey sleep more and to take Payton downstairs to see her reaction. The picture above shows just that! The girls have been asking for a DS for the last couple of years and they were so happy to finally see one next to their stocking!
After the excitement settled down a bit, they pressured me to wake Audrey so we could empty stockings and open presents. It was still only 5 something in the morning, but I knew I couldn't hold them off any longer. I crawled into bed with Audrey and gently rubbed her head and whispered, "Merry Christmas, Santa came!" She began to stir, then with the slightest smile, whispered, "I know." I thought she would be grumpy having to wake up so early, but she was very cooperative and fun!
We have rather large stockings, but Santa never disappoints! Seeing what's in the stockings is a big deal in our house!
The only thing Audrey asked Santa for was a unicorn pillow pet. Well, Santa got her a frog pillow pet {she didn't specify what kind she wanted until after Santa had aleady gotten her a frog}, so he attached a cute note to the frog saying that even though she asked for a unicorn, he knew that she really liked frogs, too and that green would match her room! She was quite satisfied! {Whew}! Santa also brought Audrey a cool microphone that plays music and applause sound effects. She was so loud singing into her microphone that we couldn't hear each other talk so we asked her to play with that later. Instead, she opted to take it into the laundry room, shut the door, and go to town! All we could hear was the muffled sounds of her made-up songs; I couldn't tell exactly what she was singing about, but let me tell ya- she was rockin' it! She also got a Foofa {yo gabba gabba} hippity hop ball and she can't stop bouncing- literally!
Santa and grandma conspired together to make sure the girls got their DS's. She was very instrumental in helping things along {wink, wink}. Because she knew they were getting a DS, she sent them each a game and a cool carrying case! Payton got Super Mario Brothers and Leah got a Xsu Xsu Pet game. They were LOVING it!
Leah first asked Santa for a snow globe for Christmas when she was 6. She was so proud of it that she took it to school in her backpack for show and tell. Unfortunately, her backpack fell and the snowglobe broke before she even got it share it with her class. She was completely heartbroken, so Santa brought her a new one the next Christmas and once again, all was right in Leah's world. Well, one day as I was rearranging furniture in her room, it fell and broke. I felt terrible and Leah was devastated again. This year she got the courage to ask for another one and Payton really wanted to be the one to get one for her. She knew how much it would mean to Leah. You can tell from this picture that the guesture was much appreciated!!
Audrey was such a lucky little girl this Christmas. Not only did Santa bring her a frog pillow pet, but her grandma sent her, drum roll, please............ a UNICORN pillow pet! She is in Pillow Pet Heaven! Grandma also sent her a new baby doll with outfits. She now has a baby to play with that doesn't look like it came from the Island of Misfit Toys {her sister's hand-me-down baby dolls are thrashed!}
We all love the special way Grandma wraps presents!
Payton got a fun game she's been wanting!
Some more fun things the girls got - You Draw Studio for the Wii, Just Dance 2, and a book on how to make balloon animals {big hit}! Uncle Eric, Aunt Kelly & Aunt Christy sent us the Planet Earth Oceans DVD- it was awesome! We sat and watched it Christmas morning as everyone messed around with their toys.
Cousins Morgan, Macy, Ainsley, & Nora sent Payton and Leah some nifty new earphones, gloves, scarves, and a hat! Audrey got a CD player that plays princess music {which she LOVES to sing along to}! Thanks girls!!
Christmas morning aftermath scene!
As if the girls weren't spoiled enough - we went to Memaw & Pop's in the afternoon and did it all over again! We {correction, I} decided to torture the girls by having Christmas dinner before we opened presents! They were about as patient as you could expect them to be. By the way, speaking of torture- this year I did not put the girl's names on their presents. I used pronouns such as her, she, you, someone, and other random words so they wouldn't know whose was whose. They would come home from school everyday and look under the tree for new additions. But they never knew how many presents they had and it would just kill Leah! Leah would get her pillow and blanket and lie under the tree and stare at the presents for hours trying to imagine which ones belonged to her!! I just love Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment