4/3/11

Conference Sunday

This is what our house looked like during Conference this year.  Bill was on a business trip, so we girls turned the family room into a huge, comfortable nest and got comfy so we could enjoy watching Conference.  Payton and Leah worked on their crocheting projects, while Audrey played with her dinosaurs and snuggled with mom.   



Audrey was looking forward to seeing the prophet on TV, and she tried to be patient until it was his turn to talk.  When he was finally speaking, she kept walking over to the TV and just staring.  She would periodically ask, "Mom, is he talking to us?"  I replied, "Yes, baby, he is- so we better listen!"

I love Conference!  I get such a spiritual recharge watching it.  I think I needed it more this year than ever before.  My life feels so busy and chaotic, and I don't have time to enjoy moments the way I would like to. I really took time to just stop and think and feel {well, as much as Audrey would let me} and it was great to reconnect with my calm and grateful side.  Grateful.  That is the word that sums up my thoughts and feelings right now.... I hope it can last until October.

1 comment:

leigh said...

cute girls. they're getting so big!